n/a

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
n/a

n/a

+3
ScarredVendetta
epwisawesome
Admin
7 posters

Announcing the Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Academy, January 2009!

Admin
    Admin

Announcing the Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Academy, January 2009! Empty Announcing the Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Academy, January 2009!

Post  Admin Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:26 pm

Management of the Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Alliance, in conjunction with management of New Horizon Pro Wrestling, are very pleased to announce that in January 2009, we will be opening the doors of the Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Academy for the first time ever!

The SHW-Academy will be run with a template devised from the Wild Samoans Training Center and the Lance Storm Wrestling Academy.

The trainers for the SHW-Academy will be Mana, the Polynesian Warrior, the fastest graduate from the Wild Samoan's Training Center in it's history, and Jarrad Slate, who has been trained by Lance Storm at the Storm Wrestling Academy in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Mana has 8 years experience in the industry wrestling many of the top stars ever to grace the squared circle. Bam Bam Bigelow, Rikishi, Umaga, “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka, Gangrel, Abyss, Umaga, Tito Santana, Doink the Clown, Jeff Jarrett, “The Rock” Don Muraco and from the Original ECW - Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, Steve Corino, Balls Mahoney, Sabu and many others. Jarrad Slate has the experience of wrestling for several different promotions around Australia, taking on some of Australia's best talent such as Blakestone, FuManChu, Esteban Molina, Mikey Broderick, NC Viper, Mark Valour, and Ryan Eagles.

At this school, it is our dream to make a powerhouse in Perth of the industry we love so much. Any and all students prepared to work for the goal, will be trained to an exceptionally high standard of professional wrestling. At the Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Academy, we will work our hardest to see our students attain the skills and ethics they need to succeed in the industry.

The beginner's course includes at least one or two weeks of a guest Trainer from America to take classes for that time. These will be high calibre wrestlers who have had WWE or TNA experience and/or extensive experience in the American Independent Circuit. They will go through there “BIG” match experiences, invaluable advice and one on one tutoring which will NOT be found anywhere else in Australia.

This is your chance... Take it!

THE COURSE WILL HAVE LIMITED PLACINGS TO 15, OR POSSIBLY 10, APPLICANTS. IT IS IMPORTANT TO GET YOUR APPLICATION IN EARLY.

The Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Alliance and New Horizon Pro Wrestling thanks everyone for their interest, and hopes to accommodate absolutely everyone we can!

BEGINNERS THREE MONTH COURSE $500 + GST

REQUIREMENTS:

DOCTORS CONSENT

All students will be asked to bring in a written clearance from a licensed Doctor or Practitioner before commencing the course. This is to insure that there is a minimal Health risk to both the student and others within the school.

You must be 16 Years of Age and also have the written permission of your Parents or Guardian when younger than 18 Years of Age.

* 10 or 15 Students per Course – This is so the student gets the maximum amount of attention at training *

-TRAINING FEES-

$50 – Tryout Fee (This is to give an idea of whether the student wants to begin with the course or not)
    $500 – Three Month Beginners Course
    $150 - Resit Beginners Course

-Post Graduation Fees-

$60 – Per Month to Train (12 Sessions) to be paid by the First Tuesday of Each Month
    $10 – Per Session

-COURSE GOAL-

To give the students a chance at living there dreams with the proper training and techniques that have been studied at WWE Developmental School – The Wild Samoan Training Centre in Pennsylvania (USA), and the Storm Wrestling Academy in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

This training would otherwise be unavailable unless the person would be willing to uproot to America with enough money for flights, living and tuition for the course.

For Tuition ONLY at present is around $4,000 (US) for 6 months training in America. The same training techniques will be available right here in Perth, WA

Things that this course will teach the students are:

Fitness - This is a very vigorous course with no shortcuts or handouts.
    Respect – The student will be shown the real work ethic it takes to survive in the Wrestling Industry NOT just what is perceived on TV. Total respect for others and there well being.
    Achievement – This course is not a Pay and Graduate you will have to earn it
    Teamwork – We move on to each level together and drive each other to graduate. No one will want to be left behind
    Confidence – When a student is deemed competent will be able to progress to working a match in front of there peers as well as a match in front of Guests invited to a Student Night.
    Family Values - This school will be treated with respect and those within it will be also treated in the same fashion. We all have the same Goals / Dreams and together as a family we will achieve those. No one will be put down in this school and No one will be treated favourably over another as beginners.

-COURSE OUTLINE-

Students will graduate after passing each of these processes -

1) Bumping (Front, Back, Handstand, Flip)
    2) Turnbuckles
    3) Running ropes
    4) Exiting Ring via Ring Ropes (Front and Backawards)
    5) Technical Wrestling Basics (Lock ups, Reversals, Basic Holds)
    6) Hip tosses, Backdrops, Arm drags
    7) Basic Strikes
    8 ) Mic Skills
    9) Camera work (Cutting Promo’s one on one with camera’s)
    10) Ring Duties (Mechanics, Constructing and Taking Down of Rings)
    11) Lockeroom conduct
    12) Roles and Wrestling Terminology

This course includes at least one or two weeks of a guest Trainer from America to take classes for that time. These will be high calibre wrestlers who have had WWE or TNA experience and/or extensive experience in the American Independent Circuit. They will go through there “BIG” match experiences, invaluable advice and one on one tutoring which will NOT be found anywhere else in Australia

-FUTURE PROSPECTS-

Students who pass this course will then in turn have a chance to wrestle regularly on the Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Alliance and New Horizon Pro Wrestling (Aus) roster to enhance there skills here in Perth.

If chosen there will be future bookings for a few to represent our school with Federations in America. These include New Horizon Pro Wrestling (USA – New Jersey), World Xtreme Wrestling C4 (Pennsylvania), NYWC Wrestling (New York) and many other federations for those wanting to earn the opportunity.

The federations mentioned have had many superstars from WWE and TNA that have come from there schools or fought on there roster.

-PLEASE NOTE-

Those who do not graduate within three months will have to resit the course at a cost of $150. Reasons for not graduating include lack of attendance; continual lateness or whether said student is safe enough.

For those who require a bit more time the course is flexible if the trainer believes they are close enough

-COURSE INCLUDES-

1) Training Shirt (This shirt is compulsory for Trainings and will only be worn exclusively of this training facility)
    2) Graduate 8 x 10 promotional photo
    3) Graduate Class photo
    4) Graduate Dress Shirt (This shirt is only given to the Graduates of this school and will available no where else)
    5) Graduate Certificate.

Students are required to get there own protective wear including Protective Pads and all other required gear including boots etc.

Some gear will be available from the Gym or able to be ordered in as well.

-GENERAL RULES-

RESPECT

Continual lack of respect towards the Trainers, Fellow Students or Management of the School will be dealt with or dismissed from the Training Centre. Immediate Dismissal will be used when there is a sexual or racist comment reported even in jest. There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for this!

Students will also be asked to help with cleaning duties and maintenance of our School this is compulsory for all those especially the new students. Any lack of commitment to these will result in punishment or removal of student

LANGUAGE

Foul Language will not be tolerated, Please refrain from using it as there may be younger children present. We want positives to be towards others not negative. All negatives such as this reflect the Training Centre as a whole not the individual using it.

ALCOHOL AND DRUGS

There is absolutely no consumption of Alcohol at all, at anytime, on training centre grounds. Drugs found or taken at the gym will instigate a lifetime ban from the facilities NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

-LAST BUT NOT LEAST-

Please remember this is not a Boot Camp and will be fun for those who are willing work hard and chase there goal of becoming a pro wrestler.

This style of training is not available anywhere in Australia and will bring in a huge amount of American Wrestlers as guest trainers to mentor our students. I cannot stress how huge of an opportunity this is alone.

This school is here to give you the best opportunity to make your dreams a reality. If you love the sport of Professional Wrestling this is the where you want to be.

CONTACT INFO FOR REGISTRATION

Mana (trainer): Manawrestling1@aol.com / Mobile: 0430241706
    Mike De-Vaney (management/promoter): mike.devaney@gmail.com / Mobile: 0418697478

You can be sent an application form at your request.
    epwisawesome

Announcing the Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Academy, January 2009! Empty Re: Announcing the Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Academy, January 2009!

Post  epwisawesome Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:34 pm

Awesome!

This looks amazing.
    ScarredVendetta
    ScarredVendetta

Announcing the Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Academy, January 2009! Empty Re: Announcing the Southern Hemisphere Wrestling Academy, January 2009!

Post  ScarredVendetta Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:50 pm

i have to say i'm having a serious think about this, we need more girls wrestling!

bounce bounce bounce
    StInG268
    StInG268

Post  StInG268 Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:08 pm

couldn't agree more lilith bring women's wrestling to WA and none of that WWE diva crap I mean real women's wrestling
    ScarredVendetta
    ScarredVendetta

Post  ScarredVendetta Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:50 am

StInG268 wrote:couldn't agree more lilith bring women's wrestling to WA and none of that WWE diva crap I mean real women's wrestling

why thank you! it's about time there were some real girls out there wrestling so just wanna say thanks to SHWA for giving us ladees the opportunity

Like a Star @ heaven I love you Like a Star @ heaven
    StInG268
    StInG268

Post  StInG268 Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:06 am

I am sure i can get least one other lady to join, as for the course WOAH that fee, wish i could afford that. now one question where shall training be held?
    ScarredVendetta
    ScarredVendetta

Post  ScarredVendetta Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:30 pm

StInG268 wrote:I am sure i can get least one other lady to join, as for the course WOAH that fee, wish i could afford that. now one question where shall training be held?

If you think about the amount of training that will be given and who will be doing it, not to mention the fact that it's awesome anyway then the fee is pretty good. 3 months training for $550 is all you pay till you graduate so it's pretty reasonable if you ask me.

monkey pirat Razz

(i just have to justify it to my mum she'll be helping me out on this one lol)
    StInG268
    StInG268

Post  StInG268 Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:03 pm

oh i'm not saying its unreasonable on the contrary i just cannot afford it atm
    TelakenetiX
    TelakenetiX

Post  TelakenetiX Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Lilith!!
    you should so do it!!
    Pains mistress is one of the most hardcore female wrasslers in Australia!!
    you can fight her!!
    ScarredVendetta
    ScarredVendetta

Post  ScarredVendetta Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:02 pm

TelakenetiX wrote:Lilith!!
    you should so do it!!
    Pains mistress is one of the most hardcore female wrasslers in Australia!!
    you can fight her!!

but i might get my butt kicked lol

Shocked
    TelakenetiX
    TelakenetiX

Post  TelakenetiX Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:09 pm

Speaking of which...

I am opening my experience up to those who would like some counsel on character development, intro music, costume, performance assesment etc

I have had 5years experience in performance wrestling and 3 years in stage and co-ordination.
    I know what fans want in a character and have learnt valuable lessons over time.

I'm not saying I know better, but I can offer a helpful ear to those who wish to go the extra mile but arent sure how to go about it and to accentuate what you already have.
    No negativity, only constructive critism and positive reinforcement.

Private and confidential, just send me a PM!

cheers
    massivegroupie

Post  massivegroupie Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:27 pm

ok guys thats the way lets get behind the hardest working guys in perth and lets get behind the female wrestlers boy we need them cat flower cherry
    ferylsheryl
    ferylsheryl

Post  ferylsheryl Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:17 am

Yeah Iam thinking of it. I would like to wrestle or be involved somehow. I am a drama teacher and to use this would be so good. We do need some female wrestlers and not just the Diva kind. A little from every shape and size would make it interesting. Exclamation Razz Surprised rabbit Laughing

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:53 pm